These Easy Homemade Bath Salts are a beautiful treat for your body and soul. Soaking in a soothing salt bath scented with rose essential oils is as relaxing as it is rejuvenating. Epsom salts, the main ingredient in this “recipe” contain magnesium also known as the calming mineral. Magnesium helps chase away stress, soothe sore achey muscles and gently detoxifies the body. These bath salts are the perfect prescription for a good nights sleep.
What ingredients do you need for Easy Homemade Bath Salts?
- Epsom Salts
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Baking Soda
- Rose Essential Oil
- Dried Rose Buds and Petals (optional)
What type of magnesium should I use?
- Magnesium Sulfate you find this in Epsom salts, it’s inexpensive and effective.
- Magnesium Chloride– it’s more expensive but has a higher quantity of magnesium.
Why use Baking Soda?
Baking Soda is a naturally alkaline substance which helps the skin become incredibly silky smooth.
Essential oils are very concentrated, if you have sensitive skin do a PATCH TEST before getting into the bath. Never use essential oils undiluted as they could irritate the skin.
What other scents could I use?
- dried lavender flowers and lavender oil
- dried jasmine flowers and jasmine oil
Want to give Bath Salts as gifts?
Bath Salts make wonderful gifts. Place them in a pretty mason jar and tie a pretty bow around it. There’s something very special about receiving a gift made with love.
Easy Homemade Bath Salts
A lovely “recipe” to ensure a beautiful bath time!
2 cups Epsom Salts
1 cup Pink Himalayan Salt
3/4 cup Baking Soda
15–20 drops Rose Essential Oil
1 cup Organic Dried Roses (optional)
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Scoop into glass storage jars with a tight fitting lid.
- Store out of sunlight.
- When ready to use, pour a cup into a warm bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- If you’re concerned about the rose petals/buds clogging up your drain, place the salts in a nylon stocking, tie the end, place in the bath and allow the salts to infuse into the bath.
Don’t forget to Pin it!
If you’ve whipped up these Bath Salts or any other recipe on The Well Fed Yogi, please do leave me a comment below, I would love to hear from you!