If you’re looking for a deliciously healthy way to start the day look no further. This Vegan Bircher Muesli ticks all the boxes:)
Although it’s a tremendously quick, easy and healthy breakfast, this bircher muesli makes a great snack or even dessert. It’s also a raw dish, no cooking required:)
What is Vegan Bircher Muesli?
Traditionally it’s a Swiss dish. Think of it like the original overnight oats recipe. You mix the ingredients the night before, place them in the fridge, then in the morning top with some berries and hey presto you have a hearty and nutritious breakfast.
What’s in Vegan Bircher Muesli?
You can really make it your own. There are plenty of options but here’s the foundation;
- oats- thick rolled oats are best
- grated apple
- non diary milk (I used almond)
- non dairy yogurt (I used unsweetened almond)
- sultanas or raisins
- pumpkin seeds
- maple syrup – just a dash
What about the toppings?
Here are some suggestions;
- sliced pear
- nuts – walnuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts
- hemp seeds, chia seeds
- pomegranate seeds
- fresh mint
- shredded coconut
- a little more milk if the mixture is too thick
Looking for other great breakfast recipes?
Blueberry and Lemon Pancakes
Overnight Steel Cut Oats
Green Detox Smoothie
Vegan Bircher Muesli
A deliciously nutritious “no cook” breakfast.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast,
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1 apple, grated (skin on) I used Gala
1 cup non dairy milk (I used almond)
1/3 cup non diary yogurt (I used almond)
1/4 cup raisins or sultanas
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts, almonds,
hemp seeds, chia seeds,
- In a bowl or good sized mason jar stir together the oats, grated apple, milk, yogurt, raisins, maple syrup, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning top with your desired toppings, add a little more milk if needed and enjoy.
Keywords: vegan, breakfast, muesli,
If you’ve whipped up this Vegan Bircher Muesli or any other recipe on The Well Fed Yogi, please do rate the recipe and leave me a comment below, I would love to hear from you! If you snapped some shots of the muesli, please do share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Happy cooking and eating!
Don’t forget to Pin it for later!