Whip up this Easy Baked Falafel Bowl for a deliciously healthy meal!
You’re going to LOVE this easy falafel bowl! They’re loaded with plant protein, spice, and flavor. Fix yourself a bowl with quinoa, fresh herbs, and all your favorite veggies, or stuff them into a pita pocket with plenty of extra luscious dressing!
The combination of a crispy warm falafel with some creamy hummus is divine. Add in some crunchy veggies, salty olives, lots of lemon juice, and fresh pungent herbs and you’ve got an amazing meal. These particular falafels are such a joy as being baked and not fried they’re heart-healthy and extra nourishing:)
You can make a bowl with any of your favorite veggies of course. Here are a few ideas to get your taste buds going:
- pickled onions or shallots
- sun-dried tomatoes
- good quality plant-based feta “cheese”
- micro-greens or sprouts
- red cabbage
- extra lemon zest and juice
How do you make an Easy Falafel Bowl?
You’ve guessed it – it’s easy!
- Place the ingredients for the falafels into the bowl of a food processor. Blitz until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Use a spoon to scoop up approximately 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time and gently use your hands to roll them into balls.
- Place on the lined baking sheet. When you’ve used up all the mixture, place the baking sheet in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, then flip and bake for 10 more minutes – that’s it!
What equipment is needed to make an Easy Falafel Bowl?
How long do they keep and can they be frozen?
- the falafels keep for 3 days in the fridge
- they can be frozen for up to 2 months
Baked Falafel Bowl
Whip up a batch of delicious baked falafels, they’re filled with plant-powered goodness and amazing flavor.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Greek
- Diet: Vegan
For the falafels:
1, 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1, shallot or 2 tablespoons red, white, or yellow onion, small dice
2 cloves garlic, minced
Zest of a lemon
2 tablespoons chickpea flour
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
Pinch of black pepper
1 cup cilantro OR basil
1 cup parsley
For the bowl:
1 cup of cooked grain – quinoa or tabbouleh is great for this
2/3 cup best quality hummus
A combination of your favorite raw veggies including crispy leafy greens such as romaine lettuce, cucumber, peppers, olives, and tomatoes.
Fresh herbs, parsley, basil, cilantro
A sprinkling of sesame seeds
For the dressing: – or your favorite dressing or mayo!
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the ingredients for the falafel into the bowl of a food processor. Blitz until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Use a spoon to scoop up approximately 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time and gently use your hands to roll them into balls. Place on the lined baking sheet. When you’ve used up all the mixture, place in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes. They can be left, covered, overnight.
- When ready to bake, spritz with the cooking spray if using and place in the oven and bake for approximately 12-14 minutes, flip and cook for a further 10 minutes until golden and firm.
- Use immediately, or cool, cover, and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days for later use.
Keywords: Baked falafel
We hope you have made and enjoyed this Easy Falafel Bowl. Let us know how it worked out for you! Leave a comment below:)