Welcome Fall with this deliciously nutritious Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie!
What better way to welcome Fall than this DELICIOUS Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie! If you love pumpkin pie but don’t want all that pastry, sugar, and fat, this is your answer. It’s a fabulous way to start the day or enjoy it as a nutritious afternoon snack topped with some granola, cacao nibs, and nuts. Either way, it’s a winner!
Why is this smoothie healthy?
Ok! hold on to your hats! Here’s the lineup:
- Canned pumpkin is packed with nutrients, such as potassium, vitamin A, and iron
- Flaxseeds are filled with essential omega-3 fatty acids as well as phytochemicals called lignans
- Soymilk has 8 grams of protein per cup!
- Chia seeds, not only help to make the smoothie deliciously creamy, but they’re also a wonderful source of fiber, which can improve heart health, reduce cholesterol levels and promote intestinal health
- Ground ginger is a nutritional powerhouse. It’s a rare case when dried is actually more potent than fresh. It’s loaded with antioxidants, which help prevent stress and damage to your body’s DNA
- Cinnamon contains antioxidants, that help neutralize free radicals, preventing them from damaging cells in the body
This smoothie is:
- protein packed
- flavor filled
- super duper easy to whip up
- a Fall treat
- amazingly healthy!
What equipment is needed to make a Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie?
To achieve a really smooth, creamy consistency, a high-speed Vitamix blender is a great tool!
Does this smoothie refrigerate overnight or freeze?
Truly, it’s best enjoyed fresh, the banana taste tends to get a little overpowering if left in the fridge overnight. You can however freeze this in an airtight for up to 1 month 🙂
I hope you love this healthy pumpkin smoothie as much as I do! If you do make it, please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)Print
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
A delicious Fall treat 🙂
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: smoothie
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: Fall
- Diet: Vegan
1 banana, frozen is best as it adds to the “creamy” texture
1/2 cup pumpkin puree, canned
8 oz non-dairy milk
1/4 cup maple syrup or date syrup, or less to suit your taste buds
1 tablespoon flaxseeds
1 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Ice cubes (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a Vitamix Blender.
- Blitz until very smooth, pour into a glass, sprinkle over toppings, and enjoy!
Keywords: Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie