Enjoy a delicious bowl of Homemade Butternut Squash Soup
This homemade butternut squash soup is warming and nourishing in all its orange velvety glory. It’s SO easy to whip up, you just pop everything into a large stockpot, let it simmer away until the vegetables are tender, and then blitz it in the blender. It’s a gift to have in the fridge or freezer, ready to warm up for a quick, delicious, and nourishing meal. Hey presto!
What’s in this Butternut Squash and Apple Soup?
- 42 oz of peeled and chopped butternut squash! I buy mine precut to save a lot of time and effort!
- a variety of vegetables: onions, celery, carrots, garlic, and an apple.
- best quality vegetable stock
- fresh herbs – thyme and sage (you could use parsley and/or rosemary instead)
- plenty of freshly ground black pepper and if you wish some kosher salt
What equipment do I need?
How long will it keep and can I freeze it?
4 days in the fridge will be just fine.
Yes, you can absolutely freeze this soup. It freezes beautifully having no cream or dairy in it.
Is Homemade Butternut Squash Soup good for you?
It’s low in fat and packed with vitamins A and C. It also contains plenty of manganese, potassium, and calcium. It’s a delicious bowl of health. Pair it with a hearty salad or veggie sandwich and you have a perfect meal:)
Homemade Butternut Squash Soup
A delicious, easy-to-make, butternut squash soup, perfect for a Fall day.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 – 50 minutes
- Total Time: 41 minute
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Fall
- Diet: Vegan
1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
2 sticks celery, peeled and chopped
1, 48 oz packet of ready-chopped butternut squash
1 apple, peeled and cored (I used Gala)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
2 –3 small sprigs of fresh sage
4 cups of best-quality vegetable stock
- Place all the ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, turn it down to a simmer, and partially cover the pot.
- Allow to simmer away until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Check seasonings and add more pepper and salt if using. If the mixture is too thick, thin with a little more stock.
Keywords: butternut squash, soup,
Looking for more delicious soups? Try these!
Italian Wedding Soup
Pantry Tomato Soup
We hope you love this Homemade Butternut Squash Soup!
If you do make this soup, please leave a comment and let me know how it worked out for you. Share it on Instagram, and make sure to tag me @ mary_j_callan Happy cooking and most of all – happy eating 🙂