Try the best Frozen Yogurt Bark for a quick, delicious, healthy treat!
This is the best Frozen Yogurt Bark, it’s our new favorite refreshing dessert. Super quick to whip up, it’s packed with protein, and simply delicious. Made with non-dairy yogurt, berries, and a sprinkling of nuts you can enjoy it as a healthy snack any time of the day:)
What can I “swirl” into my Frozen Yogurt Bark?
- Your favorite jam – try this homemade chia seed jam
- Melted Vegan Chocolate
What other toppings can I use?
It’s late summer as I’m writing this post, so fresh berries are plentiful, but you can get very creative during other seasons of the year. You can go full out, or be more reserved. Here are a few ideas to get you started;
- golden raisins
- toasted nuts
- chocolate chips
- shredded coconut
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- crystallized ginger
- granola – try this homemade granola recipe
How to make the best frozen yogurt bark.
- Prep the yogurt and sweetener: In a bowl combine the yogurt and the maple or date syrup. Strictly speaking, you don’t have to add any sweetener, but it is a dessert after all 🙂
- Assemble the yogurt bark: Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper (make sure you don’t skip this step, otherwise, the yogurt will stick to the pan.) Dot the jam all over, swirl it in, and sprinkle it with fruit and nuts. All you have to do then is pop it in the freezer. Make sure you leave it there for AT LEAST 2 HOURS.
What type of yogurt should I use?
Kite Hill thick almond yogurt is perfect! Of course, you could use vanilla or flavored if you prefer. By adding your own sweetener and jam, you are in control of the sweetness and can get it to exactly where you want.
Other Reasons to Make Frozen Yogurt!
- Healthier Ingredients Control:
- When you make frozen yogurt at home, you have control over the ingredients. You can choose high-quality yogurt, control the amount of sugar, and avoid artificial additives and preservatives commonly found in commercial frozen yogurt.
- Homemade frozen yogurt allows for endless flavor variations. You can experiment with different fruit purees, extracts, or mix-ins to create a frozen treat tailored to your preferences.
- Yogurt is a good source of probiotics, calcium, and protein. When you make frozen yogurt at home using high-quality yogurt, you retain these nutritional benefits, making it a healthier alternative to some ice creams.
- Lower Sugar Content:
- Many store-bought frozen yogurts can be high in added sugars. Making it at home allows you to control the sweetness level, using natural sweeteners or reducing the sugar content to make it a healthier option.
- Texture and Creaminess:
- Homemade frozen yogurt can be as creamy and satisfying as commercial ice cream. You can experiment with different yogurt varieties, such as Greek yogurt, for a thicker and creamier texture.
- No Preservatives or Stabilizers:
- Commercial frozen yogurts often contain stabilizers and preservatives to enhance shelf life and maintain texture. By making it at home, you can skip these additives and enjoy a fresher, more natural product.
- Making frozen yogurt at home can be more cost-effective than purchasing it from a store, especially if you frequently enjoy frozen treats. You can buy ingredients in larger quantities and make it in batches.
- Fun and Creative:
- Making frozen yogurt at home can be a fun and creative activity. You can involve family members or friends in the process, experimenting with different flavors and toppings to create a personalized dessert experience.
- Easily Adaptable:
- Homemade frozen yogurt is easily adaptable to various dietary preferences. You can choose lactose-free yogurt or non-dairy alternatives like coconut or almond yogurt to accommodate different dietary needs.
- Satisfaction of Creating:
- There’s a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment in creating your frozen yogurt. You have the opportunity to experiment with recipes, flavors, and textures, adding a personal touch to your dessert.
Looking for more Summer desserts? Try these:
Baked Peaches with Lavender
Vegan Lemon Pudding
Frozen Yogurt Bark
A deliciously healthy, quick, and easy sweet treat!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dessert,
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
1 cup non-dairy yogurt
1 tablespoon of strawberry jam
Assortment of berries
1 tablespoon roasted, coarsely chopped cashews
- Line a baking tray with parchment or wax paper. This is important as the yogurt will stick to the pan if it is not lined.
- In a bowl combine the yogurt and syrup. Pour onto the lined baking tray and spread evenly. Dot the strawberry jam in little mounds all over the bark. Use toothpicks to swirl. Dot with berries and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Remove, break the bark into pieces and serve. The bark will keep in the freezer in an airtight container for 2 months.
This is a great recipe to make a day in advance. Allow the bark to sit in the freezer overnight.
Keywords: Frozen Yogurt Bark
We hope you love the best Frozen Yogurt Bark. If you do make it please take a picture and share it on Instagram and we’ll repost it on our stories. We’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)