These delectable baked peaches with lavender are the epitome of summer food, you can make believe you’re soaking up the sun in the South of France. This is such an easy recipe and one that never disappoints. It’s a heavenly dessert with a little non-dairy ice cream, or enjoy it with granola and yogurt for a decadent breakfast to start the day in style.
Beautiful sunkissed peaches are plentiful in the farmer’s markets by the end of the summer. When you’re choosing them, make sure they’re heavy which means they’re full of juice, and just a little soft to the touch.
Baked Peaches are:
- totally delicious
- very easy to make
- extremely healthy, they’re filled with fiber, potassium, and Vitamin C
- a beautifully elegant dessert
- made with local and seasonal ingredients in the late summer
- you can make them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge for 3 days
How do you make Baked Peaches with Lavender?
It’s very simple!
- Halve the peaches and discard the pits
- Place them in an oven-proof dish
- Mix the wine, water, and honey, pour over the peaches, and place in the oven to bake for about 30 minutes
- THAT’S IT!
Substitutions and variations:
- instead of lavender use rosemary, lemon verbena, or even basil
- if you don’t have access to fresh herbs, try a pinch of cinnamon
- try fresh apricots or nectarines if you prefer
- use date syrup, or maple syrup instead of honey
- add white or rose wine, or if you’re living on the wild side add a touch of brandy or bourbon
Why we love peaches!
- Peaches are not only delicious but also offer a variety of health benefits. Here are some reasons why peaches are considered great:
- Rich in Nutrients: Peaches are a good source of essential nutrients, including vitamins A and C, potassium, and dietary fiber. These nutrients contribute to overall health and well-being.
- Antioxidant Properties: Peaches contain antioxidants, such as beta-carotene and chlorogenic acid, which help combat oxidative stress in the body. Antioxidants play a role in reducing the risk of chronic diseases and promoting skin health.
- Low in Calories: Peaches are relatively low in calories, making them a healthy snack option for those looking to manage their weight. The high water content in peaches also contributes to their low-calorie density.
- Fiber Content: The fiber in peaches supports digestive health by promoting regular bowel movements. It can also help in managing blood sugar levels and promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Hydration: With their high water content, peaches contribute to hydration. Staying hydrated is essential for various bodily functions, including temperature regulation, nutrient transportation, and joint lubrication.
- Natural Sweetness: Peaches are naturally sweet, making them a tasty and healthier alternative to processed sweets and desserts. Their natural sugars come with the added benefit of fiber, which can help prevent rapid spikes in blood sugar levels.
- Skin Health: Vitamin C in peaches is essential for collagen formation, contributing to healthy and radiant skin. Additionally, antioxidants in peaches may help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Seasonal Availability: Peaches are often available during the summer months, providing a seasonal and fresh fruit option. Enjoying seasonal produce allows you to experience a variety of flavors throughout the year.
- Potential Health Benefits: Some studies suggest that the compounds in peaches may have anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties. While more research is needed, incorporating peaches into a balanced diet can contribute to overall health.
- When selecting peaches, choose ones that are ripe but still firm, and store them at room temperature until they ripen fully. Whether enjoyed on their own or incorporated into various dishes, peaches offer a delicious and nutritious addition to your diet.
Looking for other summery desserts? Try these:)
Vegan Lemon Pudding
Lemon Berry Tart
Don’t forget to Pin Baked Peaches with Lavender for later!
Baked Peaches with Lavender
A delicious and very simple summery dessert
I hope you love these Baked Peaches with Lavender! If you do make them please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and Happy Plant-Based Cooking!