Recharge your batteries with this delicious Immune Boosting Green Soup!
It’s about this time of year when we’re hanging on for Spring that a really good Immune Boosting Green Soup comes into its own. This glorious soup is filled with plant-powered “green” goodness. Use whatever you have in the fridge. Leeks, broccoli, peas, mint, parsley, kale, onion, and potatoes went into this one.
Leafy greens are the number 1 healthy ingredient you can use. They’re packed with fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium while containing no cholesterol and very little if any fat. The soup is deeply nourishing and wholesome, yet satisfying and “creamy.” Whatever ails you, leafy greens will likely heal you!
Don’t stop when it comes to the toppings, add more greens! Try some pea or broccoli sprouts, microgreens, then add a sprinkling of healthy fats from pumpkin and hemp seeds. If you want to live on the wild side swirl in a tablespoon of cashew cream.
How do I make Immune Boosting Green Soup?
Of course, it’s super simple!
- Place all your veggies in a large pot, pour over some good-quality vegetable stock to cover.
- Add some flavoring such as dried herbs, fresh herbs like mint and parsley, freshly ground black pepper, and nutritional yeast.
- Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and partially cover the pot. Cook until the veggies are tender. If using coconut milk, add it now.
- Blitz in a high-speed blender.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice and more pepper if desired.
- Top with seeds and sprouts and enjoy.
What other veggies can I put in the soup?
Here are some suggestions:
- frozen peas
- collard greens
- Swiss chard
- mustard greens
- fresh herbs
Tips to make the best Immune Boosting Green Soup.
- If you’re looking for a super creamy version, add a can of “lite” coconut milk before you blend it
- Looking for a bit of a kick? Add a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Use plenty of fresh herbs, mint, in particular, makes this soup sing!
- To achieve a very green color use frozen garden peas
- Need a hearty meal? Add a cooked grain such as barley, rice, or farro just before you serve it
Are you looking for more deliciously nourishing soups? Try these!
I hope you love this Immune Boosting Green Soup. If you do make it please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)Print
Immune Boosting Green Soup
A deeply nourishing, wholesome, delicious Immune Boosting Green Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: soup
- Method: stove top
- Diet: Vegan
1/4 cup good-quality vegetable stock
1 yellow onion, diced
2 sticks celery, diced
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 leeks, cleaned and chopped
1 stalk broccoli, roughly chopped
2, zucchini, large dice
2 small white potatoes, unpeeled large dice
2 teaspoons dried savory herbs such as Herbes de Provence
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 cup fresh herbs such as mint, parsley, basil
4 – 6 cups good-quality vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups kale, stems removed and cut into ribbons (or frozen kale is fine!)
2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1, 14 oz can “lite” coconut milk (optional)
Juice of a lemon
Broccoli or pea sprouts
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable stock in a large pan, add the onion, and cook on medium until soft. If the onion becomes too dry add a little more stock.
- Add the celery, garlic, leeks, broccoli, zucchini, potatoes, savory herbs, freshly ground black pepper, fennel seeds, and red pepper flakes if using. Stir well to combine and cook for a minute or two.
- To the pot stir in the fresh herbs and pour in 4 cups of vegetable stock, then the kale and nutritional yeast.
- Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and partially cover the pot. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend the soup, adding the coconut milk if desired. If the soup is too thick add more vegetable stock.
- Taste and add the lemon juice and to “lift” the soup and more black pepper if needed.
- Serve with suggested toppings.
Keywords: Immune Boosting Green Soup