Everything feels better with a cup of The Best Golden Hot Chocolate!
This is the best Golden Hot Chocolate thanks to the ground turmeric. It’s the most comforting, nourishing drink imaginable. Gently sweetened with date syrup it’s deliciously easy on the system.
What type of chocolate should I use?
What spices are used for the Best Golden Hot Chocolate?
The depth of flavor in this drink is what makes it taste so special and I recommend the following:
Turmeric is a heavy-duty anti-inflammatory and rich in antioxidants. Black pepper activates the curcumin, the ingredient in turmeric responsible for its health benefits. Dark chocolate is said to boost your mood and improve brain health. Doesn’t it always make you feel better? Cinnamon also has anti-inflammatory properties and helps regulate blood sugar levels. Vanilla extract is simply delicious. So not only do they taste Heavenly, but they’re also really good for you.
What equipment do I need to make the best Golden Hot Chocolate?
- A nice eco-friendly non-stick saucepan is very helpful.
- Some beautiful English china cups and saucers are a treat 🙂
- Not strictly necessary but a frother wand is SO fun to use!
What are the health benefits of Turmeric?
More and more research is coming out regarding the health benefits of turmeric. How wonderful we can enjoy these benefits in a delicious drink!
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric, has anti-inflammatory effects. Chronic inflammation is believed to contribute to many diseases, and curcumin may help in managing inflammation.
- Antioxidant Activity: Turmeric has antioxidant properties that may help neutralize free radicals in the body. Free radicals can cause oxidative stress, which is linked to various chronic diseases and aging.
- Brain Health: Some studies suggest that curcumin may cross the blood-brain barrier and has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits that could contribute to brain health. It’s being investigated for its potential role in preventing or treating neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Heart Health: Curcumin may positively impact heart health by improving the function of the endothelium (the lining of blood vessels) and reducing inflammation and oxidation.
- Arthritis Relief: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric may help alleviate symptoms of arthritis, such as joint pain and stiffness.
- Cancer Prevention: Some studies propose that curcumin may have anticancer effects, inhibiting the growth of cancer cells and preventing the spread of tumors. However, more research is needed in this area.
- Digestive Health: Turmeric may aid in digestion and help reduce symptoms of indigestion. It’s also used in traditional medicine to treat irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Skin Conditions: Turmeric has been applied topically for centuries to treat various skin conditions, thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
Did you enjoy The Best Golden Hot Chocolate ? If so, you’ll love these!
Easy Vegan Hot Chocolate
Pumpkin Chai Tea Latte
I hope you enjoy this lovely Golden Hot Chocolate! If you do make it please let me know how it worked out for you. Don’t forget to leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks and happy cooking:)
The Best Golden Hot Chocolate
A deliciously nourishing chocolate drink.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 2-3 minutes
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 1 good sized serving 1x
- Category: drink/beverage
- Method: stove top
- Diet: Vegan
8 oz non-dairy milk (I used oat milk)
1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons Date Syrup or maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 – 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dark chocolate
- Heat all the ingredients except the dark chocolate in a saucepan. Whisk well to avoid lumps.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the tablespoon dark chocolate and stir until melted.
- Give it a final whisk or use a frother.
- Pour into cups and enjoy.
Keywords: Golden Hot Chocolate