Looking for the BEST Green Smoothie Recipe? Here it is!
This Green Smoothie Recipe is simply the BEST! It will start your day with a plant-powered nutritional PUNCH as it’s beautifully balanced with a hefty dose of protein, plenty of fiber, and just the right amount of omega-3 essential fatty acids. It will energize you and put a spring in your step, plus it tastes so delicious your taste buds are in for a treat 🙂
Just look at this, it’s chock full of plant-powered goodness! leafy greens, avocado, pineapple, lemon juice, mint leaves, and ginger to name a few. Try adding some crunch by topping it with some fabulous granola, nuts, and a few pumpkin seeds for added deliciousness.
What is the best green to put in a smoothie?
Any leafy green of your choice will work beautifully, they’re packed with healing antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Of course, the King of Greens is Kale so why not enjoy sipping its benefits blended into your smoothie. Frozen organic kale can be very helpful as it frees up space in the fridge, won’t go bad, and adds a lovely spritely freshness:)
- Collard greens
- Swiss chard
- Dandelion greens
What equipment do I need to make the best green smoothie?
Any high-speed blender will work well. If you’re looking for the perfect smoothie texture, a Vitamix Blender is the gold standard.
Is it ok to drink a smoothie every day?
Well, I’m no doctor but I can tell you I do! While I wouldn’t live on these smoothies exclusively, they’re a highly nutritious addition to your diet and an easy way of incorporating leafy greens into your, and your family’s day.
Why are Green Smoothies so good for you?
- tastes delicious
- packed with healthy sources of fiber, protein, and fats
- studies have shown that drinking green smoothies on a regular basis has can lower the risk of chronic diseases
- aids digestion
- kids LOVE them!
Here’s the proof:
- Avocado: Avocado contains nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, has heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, and is cholesterol-free.
- Spinach: full of magnesium, potassium, Vitamin A, folate, and iron.
- Kale: the King of Greens – contains Vitamins A, C, and K, Omega-3 Fatty acids, Folate, and Protein.
- Mango: Vitamin C, Copper, Folate, Fiber.
- Mint: A good source of Vitamin A, good for eye health and night vision, and an excellent source of antioxidants.
- Blueberries: Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin C, Folate, Dietary Fiber.
- Raspberries: Fiber, Calcium, Magnesium, and Iron.
- Lemon Juice: Vitamin C, Potassium, and Folate.
- Banana: full of Potassium!
The Best Green Smoothie Recipe
A super nutritious way to start the day.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast,
- Method: blender
- Diet: Vegan
1/2 cup frozen pineapple or mango
1 banana, peeled
2 –3 cups kale or your green of choice
Juice of a lemon
1 scoop Protein Powder
3 cups of your favorite non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon or so of mint leaves
1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 tablespoon Hemp Seeds
1 teaspoon ground ginger
A variety of berries and fruit such as pineapple or mango
Place all the smoothie ingredients together in a blender and blitz until smooth. Add more non-dairy milk to thin the consistency if desired.
Pour into a large glass leaving plenty of room to adorn with add-ins and toppings. Serve immediately.
Keywords: The Best Green Smoothie Recipe
Did you make the Best Green Smoothie Recipe?
Looking for other smoothie recipes? Try these!
Don’t forget to Pin it!