Looking for a way to boost your immune system? Try this glorious Immune Boosting Smoothie:)
It’s not only incredibly good for you it’s also beyond delicious. This is the first time I’ve used whole oranges in a smoothie instead of orange juice and Oh My Goodness what a difference! Everyone one will love this, it’s like a very good for you Creamsicle!
What’s in this Immune Boosting Smoothie?
All the good stuff!
- Fresh oranges: you get plenty of fiber and a ton of Vitamin C
- Pineapple: filled with Vitamin C, antioxidants and cancer fighting properties
- Turmeric: a potent anti inflammatory spice
- Ginger: aids in digestion and is anti inflammatory
- Your favorite non dairy milk. I like coconut as it lends a “creamy” texture
- Banana: filled with potassium and manganese, they’re also said to be heart healthy
How do I make it?
- load all the ingredients into the blender
Tips to make a fabulous smoothie
- Make sure the oranges are fresh.
- You can use frozen banana and pineapple, make sure you blend very well if you’re using frozen.
- Drink immediately, smoothies are best freshly made.
- If the smoothie is too thick add a little more plant milk.
Is it healthy to have a smoothie for breakfast?
I think so! Look at all those ingredients, they’re full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
If you’re looking for a protein punch add some vanilla or plain vegan protein powder, this one is EXCELLENT!
If you’ve whipped up this Immune Boosting Smoothie or any other recipe on The Well Fed Yogi, please do rate the recipe and leave me a comment below, I would love to hear from you! If you snapped some shots of the smoothie, please do share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
For more delicious smoothies check these out!
New Year Superfood Parfait
Green Detox Smoothie
Dragon Fruit SmoothiePrint
Immune Boosting Smoothie
Looking for a way to boost your immune system? Try this glorious smoothie:) It’s not only incredibly good for you it’s also beyond delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 glasses 1x
- Category: beverage,
2 oranges ( I used Navel) peeled and roughly chopped
1 banana, peeled, fresh or frozen
1/3 cup pineapple chunks, peeled, fresh or frozen
1/3 inch knob of fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped
1/3 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
8 oz your favorite non dairy milk
- Place all the ingredients into a blender
- Blitz until completely smooth. Add more non dairy milk if the mixture is too thick.
Keywords: vegan, smoothie, immune boosting.
Don’t forget to Pin it for later!